Some fashion experts have declared a trend: normal looking clothing, or Norm Core.
Other fashion experts recently began an information campaign disparaging Cargo Shorts as being some sort of social faux pas. I often see articles encouraging wives and girlfriends to secretly replace their significant other’s cargo shorts with “more fashionable” items.
- August 1 2016 – Nice Cargo Shorts! You’re Sleeping on the Sofa https://www.wsj.com/articles/nice-cargo-shorts-youre-sleeping-on-the-sofa-1470082856
- August 3, 2016 Despite Pockets of Popularity, are cargo shorts gauche? http://www.npr.org/2016/08/03/488477351/despite-pockets-of-popularity-are-cargo-shorts-gauche
- April 17, 2017 — Selle: Cargo shorts carry a heavy burden for men http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/opinion/ct-lns-selle-cargo-shorts-st-0418-20170417-story.html
- May 4, 2017 — Sorry Guys, your favorite cargo shorts could be ruining your love life. – http://mashable.com/2017/05/04/hater-cargo-shorts-pbr-attractive-data/#x52Igbp_piqI
- May 5, 2017 – Breaking: Cargo Shorts not Cool — http://www.avclub.com/article/study-cargo-shorts-not-cool-254839
- May 12, 2017 — Yes, cargo shorts really are that bad — here’s what you should wear instead. http://www.businessinsider.com/why-no-man-should-wear-cargo-shorts-2017-5
June 3rd, 2017 — Want another date? Ditch the cargo shorts and flip flops, study says.
I like Cargo Shorts. I think they are incredibly practical AND comfortable. I am not sure if this makes me Norm Core or a counter-cultural hipster, but I am going to keep wearing them with flip flops to barbecues and other summer events.
I don’t really care if you disagree, but feel free to comment!